There was a time when we made the most wonderful beard oil known in the history of beard oils:
"100 stars out of 10." - YouTube Beard Reviewer
"I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is my favorite beard oil. And I have used a lot of beard oil." - YouTube Beard Reviewer
(those are not made-up quotes, I am just too lazy to look up their source for the links)
In recent days, we've received quite a few requests for it to come back. And I'm watching the "back in stock" notification requests, and Magic Beard & Hair Elixir is currently the most requested product.
Will we bring it back? If so, when? If not, why not?
I'm sure we don't have to tell you we're living in "interesting times." But our "interesting times" were made especially interesting because we're in the process of relocating our workshop from Grass Valley, California to Sparks, Nevada (Yes, STILL*).
So the true answer is that we're not totally sure when Magic Beard & Hair Elixir is going to be back on the production schedule. We're quite backlogged with critical products like hand wash and body wash, so the relatively slow-selling Magic Beard & Hair Elixir has to take a back burner.
And yeah, the Magic Beard & Hair Elixir is slow-selling.
You might be asking yourself, "If it's so magical, why doesn't it sell faster?"
Supply and demand, my friend. The beard oil market is PACKED with every Tom, Dick, and ESPECIALLY Hairy making a beard oil.
Our beard oil comes in a hefty 3 oz bottle, which is significantly larger than the standard 1 oz bottle. Many 1 oz beard oils sell for $15 or so, and our 3 oz bottle sells for $24. PER-OUNCE, ours is a great value, but most people don't do math in their heads.
So why don't we get smaller bottles and charge $15? The funny thing about packaging is that the price-to-size ratio often is a bit upside-down. The bottles for the 1 oz packaging is pretty much the same price as the 3 oz packaging, so the price is only marginally less. We'd rather sell you the bottle that gives you the better value, honestly.
Why are the other companies charging $15 when the bottle costs about the same? Well, I can't speak to other people's pricing strategies, but it's possible that they're buying bottles in greater volume than we are, that they calculate their costs differently, or that they're just terrible at math. That's none of my business. I can only tell you about OUTLAW, and for the ingredients we use, it's a better value at $24 for 3 oz.
But all that extra product means it takes longer to use. We have a reducer, so a couple drops of elixir every day 'll do ya fine. A bottle of Magic Beard & Hair Elixir can easily go for a year, even with daily use. So it's not like people are going through a bottle of elixir a month.
Slow use, combined with a super crowded market, means that, of all the beard-havers in the world, if 100 people are FANATICAL about our Magic Beard & Hair Elixir, we sell 100 bottles per year.
We're not bustin' any barn doors with that, lemme tell ya.
But It's Not Just About Beards
The little secret about our Magic Beard & Hair Elixir is that it's not just about beards. For a long time, we were recommending that people use it on every hair, from the top of your head to any hairs you might have on your toes (we won't tell anyone).
Recently, though, with all this obsessive hand-washing (SO MUCH HAND WASHING), my hands are in permanent prune. I already shared that I use our solid cologne as hand balm throughout the day. That's still super and all, but my hands were so chapped that Russ got me lotion gloves (yes, I wear gloves to bed and it is weird). For the past two weeks, I put a half ounce or so of Magic Elixir in a little dish, scooped some solid cologne in there, and heated it in the microwave for 45 seconds... which created a slightly more solid oil that's perfect for my nighttime hands.
Which led me to try putting it on my arms just because I like the smell so much, and it's fantastic. Yes, it's still oil. But it's really wonderful stuff, and I love using it on my dry skin.
I Don't Mean To Torture You
The facts are these:
- Our Magic Beard & Hair Elixir is great for everything. I can't think of anything it isn't great for. I'd even oil a squeaky door with it. ... ok, don't use it as eye drops. But that's it. That's all it's not great for. Ok, and food. Eye drops and food. That's all it's not great for. ... Or a remote control. Eye drops, food, and this remote control. That's all it's not great for. And this chair. Eye drops, food, this remote control, and this chair. That's all it's not great for. It's great for everything else... except for this paddle game. Eye drops, food, this remote control, this chair, and this paddle game.**
- Our Magic Beard & Hair Elixir is out of stock.
- We do not know when we will make Magic Beard & Hair Elixir again, but WHEN WE DO (mark my words), it's going to sell out super fast. So please sign up for in-stock notifications here: https://liveoutlaw.com/products/beard-oil-hair-elixir
- If we get to 200 stock requests, we'll drop everything and move it to the front of the line. We've got 15 requests now, so if you want to get it to the top of the queue, share it with your friends and tell everyone they absolutely MUST try it, and have them sign up for stock notifications.
We're so glad that you love it -- really, it has always been one of those products that I feel is among THE BEST THINGS WE'VE EVER MADE. When I think about what we as a company have contributed to the productsphere, Magic Beard & Hair Elixir is among the best.
I look forward to returning to full magic in the coming months!
* In case you're wondering why it's taking us so long to move, it's because we delayed closing the facility because we weren't sure how long it was going to take us to get our production in Sparks up and running... which is now a hilarious thing. HILARIOUS.
** For those of you who are wondering "WHAT ON EARTH IS SHE GOING ON ABOUT????" please go watch The Jerk with Steve Martin.